Kingfish or King Mackeral is a strong flavored gamefish which pairs well with the zesty flavor of salsa. Remove all of the dark meat from the fish when it is cleaned.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Yields: 8 servings
1 pound kingfish fillets – cleaned, 1 onion, diced
washed and cubed. 1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
1/4 cup all purpose flour 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 Tablespoons olive oil 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Combine fish cubes with Italian dressing in large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Dredge fish cubes in flour and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
3. In a non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and green pepper. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft. Stir in fish cubes and cook until fish is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in half of the salsa and remove from heat.
4. Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll up and place seam down in prepared baking pan. Spoon remaing salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Serve with rice and black beans, garden salad and corn bread.